Monday, July 17, 2017


This is a personal experience. I have been trying to renew my passport since Chinese New Year Holiday. I took extra holidays during that period with the hopes that I can renew the passport somehow. 

I tried waking up super early and ended up still not early enough for the Puchong Branch. I put on a full make up with the hope that I can get a good picture for the coming 5 years and I do not want to waste up the whole points of taking the leave. So, I went to the Duta Branch which is suppose to be a bigger branch and ended up STILL CANNOT GET THE NUMBER. 

Nevertheless, I went back to my office to WORK (office nearby the Duta Branch) on my leave day. No choice. It is suppose to be something new being announce on the same day. 

So I keep on dragging the whole renewing passport thing and I do not want to take anymore leave because I need to keep it for holidays. But I really have to go and renew soon this time round as my coming trip will be in August. 

I took a half day leave in the afternoon with some errands on hand but ended up the errands has been cancelled. Thus, I took the opportunity to go to the Puchong Branch (weekday and middle of the week) to renew my passport. The number start distributing at 2 p.m for the afternoon session and I reach there at 2.10 p.m. and guess what. NO MORE NUMBER. AGAIN!!!!

I am so pissed off with that branch. I thought of going to the Putrajaya Branch. I tried to call and check before I depart to make sure I won't waste my time on travelling. Ended up no one answered. 
So I tried the next nearest is the Kelana Jaya Branch and they replied me that they got  a lot of number for the queue. Best news of the day. It is Fasting Season thus they asked me to reach before 4 p.m. which is super fine by me because I can reach there in like 30 minutes. 

Reached there at 3 p.m. Filled in the form and awaits for the number. I was called at 3.05 p.m. (unbelievable fast). Officer is fasting so no voice communication. All hand sign and surprisingly I can understand the officer instruction. Tuck the hair behind the ears, look at the camera direction, etc. 3.10 p.m. All done and officer point at the payment counter and gave me a ticket number. Awaits for another 2 minutes before my number is being called (3.12 p.m.). Finished payment at 3.15 p.m. Officer says can collect passport at 4 p.m. later. WTF. So fast. It is like one hour can finished all the tasked. Why did I so foolish last time wait like a mad women and wake up super early to queue for the number. 

For your information, Kelana Jaya Branch is filled with humans as well. Maybe not that crowded because it is a weekday but their working speed definitely wont be slow and they have a lot of counter. I realise it is one of the main branch purely for the purpose to renew the passport. 

I went to the next door mamak to take my lunch. Super low expectation on that shop. It is fasting season so I do not expect the staff will be too willing for the cooking. Who can blame them? They cannot eat and yet still have to serve us. But surprisingly their Maggi Goreng Ayam is really good. 

Went back to check the passport status at 3.50 p.m. and WALA, I got mine at 3.55 p.m. I am the happiest person in the world. Still so early thus I went for another errands to cut my hair. Fruitful day I must says. Though looking for a good saloon is a more difficult task than renewing my passport. 

Anyway, I am really happy and grateful for the staff to work so fast despite the Fasting Season and I am definitely satisfy with the picture for the coming 5 years. ^^ p.s. NO MORE GOING BACK TO PUCHONG BRANCH. NO!! NO!!

No comments: